Friday, September 30, 2011

Favorites

Becoming "connected" on flickr is a challenge for me.  So far, what seems to work is to find large topic-related groups ("I Ate This") and then to go through the pool slowly, favoriting the best ones, and dipping into the photostream of the likeliest.  If I see a large percentage of pics that interest me I make that person a contact. (They often reciprocate.)  Then I check the home page every day or so to see what all the contacts have posted - which generates new favorites.  Photos with a lot of hits generally belong to active groups, so looking at their group lists directs me to new groups to join.

Meanwhile our own 1000 pics have collected hits all on their own in the several months they've been there.  I need to look at those for clues to what works best.

No comments: